PHP Software Developer
The ideal candidate for this fully remote (work from home) position will have strong Object-Oriented PHP skills with RDBMS (we use PostgreSQL) experience, a background working with open-source frameworks in a team environment, and experience deploying applications on Linux systems.
If you're enthusiastic about software development, and maybe even our “socially responsible” twist, we'd like to hear from you.
- Develop clean and efficient OOP code.
- Write new, and improve existing, functionality within our products.
- Contribute & share developer responsibilities with a team.
- Learn underlying PHP architecture of our software, with guidance of senior developers.
- Use software development best practices, standards, and procedures.
- Assist with testing and QA of new code before software releases.
- Willingness to take direction and learn about our business from management.
- Experience working on sophisticated software implementations,
- Minimum 4 years dev experience, 2 years of PHP Object-Oriented Programming experience. OOP experience on a large site/application is required.
- Diverse knowledge of RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience developing code through multiple Linux lifecycle environments (Development, Staging, Production sites).
- Experience with a version control system (preferably Subversion and/or Git).
- Previous experience working within a development team.
- Great written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Desired but not required
- AWS (ec2, rds, s3, and really really great if you have experience with auto-scaling!)
- An eye for UX.
All that sound good, and are you a motivated software developer and US citizen? If so, hit the Apply button to send an email to us with the following 3 items:
- A brief Personal Statement / Cover Letter
- Your Resume
- Some Code Samples or a repo that shows your knowledge of SQL and OOP dev (ideally PHP)